It’s about 24 hours since I started my trip with WordPress. So far, I found it very user friendly and everything was easy to configure. Congratulations to developers of 3rd party features – you are great!
My idea was to create multilingual website – I wanted to use WPGlobus but finally I decided to give a try to Polylang. So far it works fluently and setting was pretty ease too. However I will leave here one tip just in case someone have the same issue – actually it was my mistake. I decided to use English and Polish language. I thought that both of them will have different URL slug but what I saw is that one was like mydomain.com (default) and second mydomain.com/lang/. And that works for me but I didn’t know how to determine which language will have shorter URL. So the answer was obvious – just set one of language as default and I got it. Now English is default and works as palczewski.net and Polish is second and URL looks like palczewski.net/pl/. Great! I am writing about it because I must have done something wrong on the beginning and I though I can’t change it.
Next I have installed Yoast SEO – I didn’t know what to expect. It looks like it is another great choice. It’s a powerful tool to take care of your content SEO. It checks aspects I won’t suspect are important. Let’s see results in next weeks 🙂
For me WordPress is great so far and I cross my fingers so it will be that way in future!